Friday, April 17, 2009

My Happy Place

I've decided to create several posts about my 'happy' places. I love the line in "Finding Nemo," where the starfish says "Find a happy place, find a happy place, find a happy place!" When I think 'where's my happy place?', what initially comes to mind is WDW (not the Land but the World). It is a magical place that brings me pure joy. My husband frequently says we need to go back every couple of years to get my 'fix.'

My first visit was in 1975 and I've been hooked ever since. When I was planning my wedding, my husband and I decided we had to get married at the World. It turned out to be an intimate ceremony at the Wilderness Lodge on a terrace overlooking the waterfall and Bay Lake. We had fewer than a dozen people, but it was a wonderful experience. I've been to WDW at least a dozen times, yet on every trip, we manage to do something we've never done before. On our last trip, when we ran in the half-marathon, running backstage at Magic Kingdom and Epcot, and earned enormous Donald Duck medals.

Some people ask "What is it about the World that you love so much?" I think it is hard to explain until you've had a chance to experience it for yourself, but for me, it comes back to being immersed in a magical environment. As we plan our next trip to the World this summer, I'm looking forward to the new rides and shows, as well as the feeling of coming home when you arrive on the property, home to my 'happy' place.

No comments:

Post a Comment